Brazil defeated South Korea with power and made it to the last eight. Croatia, on the other hand, had to wait until the tiebreaker to win against Japan. In this match, the battle could be between the Tukhor Seleção attack and the Croatia defense. However, the Brazilian defense will not make any mistakes to sustain the dream of Mission Hexa. The result of the match will be known at the end of the match, but before that, we have come up with predictions based on the ability and recent form of the two teams. Besides, the possible XI and formation of the two teams are also highlighted for the readers of Upodesh.com. Brazil vs Croatia Live
Full back Alex Sandro is still not fully recovered from injury. However, coach Titer has no worries about attack and midfield, he is getting all the stars in these two categories. On the other hand, Croatia coach Zlatko Dalik may also be in trouble with the fullback position. Bayern Munich defender Josip Stanisic may return from injury in this match. However, the question remains whether Dalik will take the risk of playing him due to the possibility of injury again.
Those who will be watching
Most Brazil fans will have their eyes on Neymar coming back from injury. The Croatia defense could be in danger if the PSG star regains his natural rhythmic dribbling. With Real Madrid forward Vinicius showing glimpses of speed and finishing well, the Seleção will be more formidable. A lot will also depend on star defensive midfielder Casemiro in midfield.
Luka Modric will have to take extra responsibility in the midfield to surprise the powerful Brazil. In addition to passes from the defenders, the Real star must take the opportunity to take long-range shots. Mateo Kovacic will also have to provide suitable support. In the scoring attack against Japan, veteran Ivan Perisic will have the brunt of finishing.
Brazil: (4-2-3-1) Alisson Becker (goalkeeper), Militao, Marquinhos, Thiago Silva, Danilo, Lucas Paqueta, Casemiro, Neymar, Rafinha, Vinicius Jr. and Richarlison.
Croatia: (4-3-3) Dominik Livakovic (goalkeeper), Josko Guardiol, Dejan Lovren, Josip Juranovic, Borna Sosa, Luka Modric, Mateo Kovacic, Marcelo Brozovic, Ivan Perisic, Andrej Kramaric and Bruno Petkovic.
Brazil will have more chances to win if they play their best football. Despite not being able to score in the group stage, it was seen against Korea how much Titar’s disciples can spread terror in the opponent’s defense if they find a rhythm. Meanwhile, the Croatian attack must not fail in front of the goal like in the Japan match. They will have to show surprise to break Brazil’s star-studded defence. Along with Perisic, the rest have to take responsibility, use every opportunity.
Brazil 2-1 Croatia
- Brazil have faced Croatia four times so far. The five-time world champions have drawn one against three wins. Croatia have never beaten the Seleção so far.
- Brazil and Croatia have met twice before in the World Cup. Seleção won 1-0 in 2006 and 3-1 at home in 2014.
- Brazil has played in the quarter-finals of the last eight World Cups. They were champions in 1994 and 2002, runners-up in 1998. However, in the last four tournaments, Brazil has been able to pass the last eight only once. In 2014, the Latin Americans beat Colombia and reached the last four.
- Brazil has never reached the final since 2002. The Latin team was celebrating the last title in that event. Their highest success in the last four tournaments was the semi-finals, with Brazil falling just shy of a 7-1 defeat at home to Germany in 2014 in the last four.
- Neymar found the back of the net twice in the 2014 World Cup defeat to Croatia. The PSG star is almost certain to return to the field against Croatia after recovering from injury.
- Croatia holds the record of 100% success in World Cup penalty shootout. They defeated Denmark in the last sixteen of the 2018 World Cup and Russia in the last eight in a tiebreaker. Modric defeated Japan in the last sixteen of the current season in the same way.
- Croatia have won only once against Latin opponents in the World Cup. A 3-0 win over Argentina in the group stage of the 2018 World Cup was their only success against opponents from the CONMEBOL region in football’s biggest event.
Brazil vs Croatia Live